Wednesday, October 9, 2013

OWH Midweek Throwdown: The Nature of Christmas

It's Wednesday and that means a new midweek challenge from Operation Write Home.  This week's challenge is to create a card including something from nature that reminds you of the holidays i.e. deer, penguins, mistletoe etc...  Fun!  

A few weeks ago I received a sample from a child's magazine.  Well, my kids are young adults, and no grandchildren in the foreseeable future.  But... it did come with some cool stickers that I kept.  I've been meaning to make a few more kid cards, so when I read this week's challenge, I instantly thought of those stickers, a new snow embossing folder and a favorite OWH sketch.  Wow, it came together so fast... maybe I should go buy a lottery ticket!  Well, anyway, happy hump day.  


CS:  Bazill
Embossing Folders and Brads:  Paper Studio 
Stickers:  Highlights children's magazine
Sketch:  OWH #175

4 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I love that you were able to use those stickers in such a neat card. Bonus points for it all falling together quickly (when does that EVER happen??).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a nice group of Nature at Christmas time. Love that embossing in the background. Thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bright & Cheery! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheryl, thanks for joining in the OWH Midweek Throwdown Challenge! I love how this card turned out. When I saw the thumbnail on the S&S blog, I thought those were inchies for your images...even better that you repurposed some FREE stickers!

    ReplyDelete