Monday, October 7, 2013

Keys to My Heart - OWH Sketch #193

Happy Monday everyone.  I seem to have a pattern developing, Monday postings!  Sunday was so busy between seeing the fall colors and watching our Denver Broncos win in fabulous Manning style!
This week's sketch challenge over at Operation Write Home featured several beautiful cards by Velda at Oldstamper Musings. 


The sketch is great for some of those bigger print card papers that sometimes is hard to use.   Being short of time (don't we all), I played with some papers and digis I created that was already on my card table.  I'm really a fan of strong value contrasts, so I loved how the card initially went together.  However, after I trialled the sentiment, it looked like an island, all alone.  So I played a bit, adding two ribbon strips alongside.  Mo better, as my kids used to say.  The funny thing was, if I had just gone to my stash of bigger print papers, as the designer did, I probably would have been happier sooner!  Oh well, live and keeping learning!  Best wishes for a great week.


DP:  Stripe - Graphic 45 "Old Curiosity Shoppe"
        Background - Recollections
Ribbon:   Ribbon Boutique
Twine: We R Memory Keepers
Sentiment and Pic:  Print Shop 2


No comments:

Post a Comment