Friday, May 15, 2015

Congratulations Graduates

Best wishes to all those young graduates, moving onto the next phase of their lives!  A co-worker has a special friend who graduated from high school this week.  She asked me to make a special grad card in her honor.  I'd been collecting ideas on Pinterest, but had yet to make a grad card, so I gladly accepted the challenge.  Fun, time consuming, but very pleased in the end.  5 hours later, I don't think I'll mass produce this card, but I was honored to help a friend.  Cheers to graduating class of Grand Junction High School. Go Tigers!




Inspiration Card:  The Serendipitous Stamper blog spot;  her card was square, but I wanted to make mine 5x7.  Yikes!  A square card would have been easier, especially when doing the gown, using a square die to create the neckline.  No… I went rectangle and had to custom cut the angles for the neck! Next time… make a square card!

2015 Tag Board Die Cut:  Walmart graduation party supply section

Inside Sentiment:  Computer generated, inspiration from Greeting Card Messages. Great free on-line source for card sentiments!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cheryl, Very nice work on the graduation card! I pinned to Pinterest both your card and the Inspiration Card. It's good to see it in both dimensions. Of the two I prefer your rectangular version. A big THANK YOU for sharing the link to Greeting Card Messages!!! Never thought to look for such a thing. The www solves my continual dilemma of what to write inside the card. BRILLIANT! I will follow your blog because I like your card designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete